Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tineo (Weinmannia trichosperma)

I have come across a new (to me) exotic hardwood called Tineo.  It is absolutely beautiful.  I have purchased a few bowl blanks and will also be making a few pens from them.  Tineo is native to South American with lumber coming to the US from both Chile and Brazil.  It has colors from red to dark brown and the grain is very stripey.  The color variations are beautiful.  It has been used in hardwood flooring and furniture veneers.  You have probably seen it and not known it.  I know that I have.  I am looking forward to turning these pieces and will show what they look like.  Below is a photo of the blank wood.
Better get busy in the shop.

Come by the woodshop and have a look around.  There may be something of interest to you.

ASH Woodshops.  Making everyday life beautiful through wood.
Woodgrain is our palette.
Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment