Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Christmas is almost here

While making some fun items to sell in my shop this week, I was reminded that no matter what sells or doesn't sell, isn't the point.  God has loaned me a gift of being able to create with wood.  I love it and enjoy it.  Creating the different useful things of wood gives me pleasure, especially when the item is going to become someone's gift to give another.  You see, it is the giving that is the point.  During this time, we should remember that the greatest gift of all was given to us by our God.  He gave us Jesus, who came into the world humbly and quietly, but his purpose was great.  God gave us Jesus.  Jesus gave us His life so that we might live.  Jesus gave us an example of the loving relationship that He wants to have with us.  Everyday and always!  There is no gift in the world that compares.  So, whether I sell another cutting board, or bowl, or pepper mill, is in His hands.  Hopefully if someone buys something it will be used to nurture a relationship.

This last week, I had the pleasure of completing a custom made music box.  It wasn't the box that I made that mattered.  It was being made by a groom, for his bride to celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary!  He asked for some specific things, including a special song.  It was her song...their song.  We were able to accomplish his wish, and though I am humbled that he liked the box, I am grateful that I was able to participate in this small way in helping to nurture their relationship with one another.  This wasn't for Christmas, but it is in this season.  The season in life where relationships are really all that matter anyway.

So, this Christmas, enjoy your family.  Get toghether.  Sing, laugh, play, be.  Life on earth is short.  Make the most of every moment that you have with each other.  Everything else is just........stuff.
Blessings,
ASH


No comments:

Post a Comment