Saturday, May 8, 2010

Magnificent Day

My wife Norma and I are training for the San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon that happens on June 6th.  We are training through Team-In-Training as part of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.  We raise funds for blood cancer research in exchange for 1st class training for the endurance event.  We have met some of the most fantastic people that are part of our team!  I may never give this up.  I really like it.  But what is also really special is the place we live and where we get to train.  We live and train along the fabulous Monterey Bay in California.  Today we had an 11 mile training walk along the shoreline.  What a magnificent day.  There are almost no waves and the ocean is the color of the deepest blue jewel that you can imagine.  I didn't even get into the shop today.  It was so gorgeous that after our training, we went to the beach to relax.  Unbelievably beautiful.  I am so lucky that I get to live in a place like this.  I am certain that I will need to spend at least a little time in ASH Woodshops tomorrow.
Blessings,

No comments:

Post a Comment